2007년 7월 25일 수요일

Well then, it's not really raining or pouring... much.

According to a possibly-misled source the rainy season ends today. I'm sure that doesn't mean a total end to rain, but if that was it for any kind of "monsoon season" I think I got off pretty lucky. Granted, we had some major downpours and it was a lot heavier than we normally get in England, but overall it's been rather dry. Maybe all the rain in India, Bangladesh and Gloucestershire has meant an unusually dry season here. If so then sorry to the good people of the west country. Your flood has been my sunny day.

At the moment it's a little grey and drizzly but I'm hoping that will pass over tongiht, because tomorrow we head off to a rock festival called Pentaport. My bosses have kindly changed things here and there so that we can being our holiday tomorrow so we get to go early and set up camp. It does mean coming back next Friday to teach 3 (yes three) classes in the morning then toddling off home again. Rather pointless, but there it is.

This will probably be my least prepared festival ever. If it does rain I'm sure to get wet. As it won't be cold here, we were uber-cheap when buying tents. We spent a grand total of 10 pounds on each, and they are those wonderfully fun pop-up tents. Easy up, tricky down should be their motto really. Each tent only has one layer, and we noticed one or two seam-problems when putting up one as a test. So if it does rain I might have a few leakage worries. We've laid our hands on some duct tape, so hopefully that should help any big holes. We shall see.

Speaking of duct tape, buying it was a perfect example of over-pricing named brands. At a big store in Seoul we found proper Duct Tape on sale for 8000 won (about 4 pounds and 50 pence). I convinced John not to be rash and that we would find it cheaper somewhere in Munsan. Fortunately for my honour, we did. We found a green varity for just 900 won (50 pence). 8000 <-> 900. It's criminal what some people can charge. I'm not even sure what to call it, I've got a sneaky suspicion duct tape is just what everyone calls it because that's the brand they know. Rather like Hoovers. Answers on a postcard please.

For the fest we did manage to get some folding chairs and I've got a big English flag and some emergency Snickers, so I think I'll manage. Festival delights will include Damien Rice, The Chemical Brothers, and (for the second time in Korea) Muse. Oh, and I think there's a karaoke stage, Koreans just can't live without it. Good times will be had.

So here's looking forward to my holdiay (the first since mid-February.) I really do need it now, and I'm sure once it's over I'll complain it wasn't long enough. I think I might be a bit justified though, 6 days really isn't all that long. Hopefully I'll finally get to the DMZ during that time. Or maybe I'll be too busy sleeping...

댓글 없음: